Chris Attieh (28 years old) passed way from complications from Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) and pneumonia in November of 2010. ARDS makes it difficult to get oxygen into the bloodstream. Each year numerous young previously healthy adults die from ARDS. Currently, health professionals do not know why some people are pre-dispositioned to develop ARDS. Chris left behind a legacy of generosity, kindness and genuine love to the people around him. The mission of The Chris Attieh Foundation is to continue his spirit of humanity and goodwill.
Specific aims of the Chris Attieh Foundation include:
- Annual Humanitarian Scholarship for a Graduating Senior at Whitehall High School.
- Support Orphanages from the Syrian Crisis
- Dream Come True - Benefit for Seriously, Chronically & Terminally Ill Children
- Support the LVHN Children's Clinic in Allentown
- Support the ARDS Foundation to aid in early detection, prevention, treatment & patient recovery from ARDS.
Below is an article on the Chris Attieh Foundation from LVHN's Inspire Magazine.
Inspire Magazine Article